Fullstack Software Engineer, Effective Tools
Who we are:
Join the Twitter Effective tools group and help power our business critical operations. It is an extraordinary opportunity to contribute to Twitter’s global impact. It is exciting and fast paced. Apply now if you are tired of working in a silo or interested in working with a group that is passionate about impacting real lives. Our day to day work spans the company from fighting abuse, supporting new Twitter initiatives, managing user accounts, authorization, or troubleshooting. Our engineering team engages with our customers and understands the value they provide to Twitter. The position is meaningful, dynamic and there is never a dull moment.
What you will do:
Build scalable and efficient systems in Scala and React to help drive efficiency and scale of our operations. You’ll have an opportunity to work on a diverse number of projects and technologies.
Who you are:
You’re a strong backend or fullstack engineer. You have experience with user interfaces, distributed systems, and asynchronous programming.
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science or related discipline (or equivalent experience)
- 3-5 years of relevant professional experience
- Track record for building and operating full-stack applications, from JS to DB
- Strong computer science fundamentals, algorithms, and data structures background
- Model of software engineering best practices, including agile development, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, debugging, and troubleshooting
- Previous experience with Scala, Java, Python, C/C++, and React.js is a plus
- Growth mindset and a desire to learn, teach, and improve skills
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!