Financial Analyst I
Financial Analyst I
San Francisco, CA
Who We Are:
Twitter is looking for a financial analyst to join the Financial Planning & Analysis team. We partner with and support the Sales organization. Your over-arching responsibility will be digging deep into the data to improve current analysis for business partners. The role will be hands-on in analyzing actual results to develop everything from historical trend analysis to models that can guide our expense forecasts. At Twitter you will gain and comprehensive understanding of financial reporting both as it pertains to the sales organization and how it fits into Twitter at large.
What You'll Do:
- Build dynamic forecasting models for major expense line items to support business decisions, significant transactions, and explore financial impacts of potential opportunities
- Facilitate the preparation, reporting and analysis of annual budgets, quarterly forecast and monthly estimates
- Craft reports for business leaders on a regular basis that provide insight into current quarter results compared to forecast and budget
- Analyze financial data, summarize, and provide a concise and meaningful narrative discussion of discrepancies
- Assist in the month-end close process (variance analysis, presentations for business leaders, etc.)
- Develop ad hoc analyses and reports for management as requested
Who You Are:
- A budding expert in financial modeling and quantitative analysis
- Enjoys solving complex and unstructured problems; looks for the story within the data
- Strong attention to detail with a penchant for efficiency and drive to execute results
- Keen sense of prioritizing deliverables in line with team objectives in a very fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across different functions and effectively influence stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree with strong academic record
- 1-2 years of relevant data or analytical work experience a plus
- Superior financial modeling skills (excel/google sheets)
- Experience with Essbase is a plus. If you don’t have these skills, you will be expected to learn them on the job.
- Evident grasp of Twitter’s vision required, experience with digital advertising a plus
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!