Electrical Engineer - Data Center Engineering
Who We Are
Twitter’s Mission Critical Engineering (MCE) team is looking for an experienced Electrical Engineer to help expand the team’s strength and knowledge in data center design and operations. Our team manages the operational uptime of Twitter’s data centers. We are responsible for the design, construction and growth of the facilities to keep pace with our growing business
What You’ll Do
- You will understand the electrical topologies of existing facilities supporting Twitter’s infrastructure
- You will manage operational procedures, maintenance and expansion of these facilities
- You will apply best practices and knowledge of operational standards
- You will coordinate power and fiber deployments with vendors and service providers
- You will commit to and deliver timely and cost effective projects
- You will publish/release RFPs, handle the bid selection and award of contracts
- You will coordinate across partner teams to define and reduce operational impacts
- You will follow company procedures for notification and communication
- You will manage electrical systems uptime and operational efficiency
- Understand the relationship between data center mechanical and electrical systems
- You will support fiber optics design and installation
- Work with Site Operations for special project deployment
- Travel to data center facilities and work with Site Operations and service providers to coordinate projects supporting business needs/growth
- Define, improve, review procedures to improve communications and transparency within the company of the operations of the data centers
- Write, review and approve Method of Procedures (MOPs)
- Manage information repositories within the teams internal documentation system
- Participate in design, construction, commissioning and operation of new and future facilities
- Review designs and provide feedback for improvement in uptime and operational efficiency
- Review submittals for comprehensive and complete gear ordering
- Support commissioning activities, review Cx scripts and provide constructive feedback and support
- Define new operational procedures and maintenance logs
Who You Are
- Excellent team player who is willing to lead and support others for projects to expand the overall team capacity and breadth
- Great oral, written and procedural communications for Mission Critical Operations
- Rigorous dedication and discipline for operational procedures and definitions
- Punctual and responsive
- Committed to the uptime of the service, including 24/7 response when required for emergencies
- This role requires a minimum of 7 years of experience in Electrical Engineering with experience directly in the design and/or operation of Data Centers
- Electrical Engineering Degree, Professional License and/or 10 years experience as a design/operational Electrical Engineer with Data Center Experience
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!