Director of Global Corporate Strategy
Twitter seeks a sophisticated and driven strategy and operations executive to join us as the Director of Global Corporate Strategy. The successful candidate will make an immediate contribution to Twitter’s continued growth by helping to define and drive global mission-critical strategic initiatives. As the strategy driver, you will quarterback many of our strategic efforts, partner with virtual teams to assess opportunities and threats, and develop persuasive and highly actionable recommendations. A highly motivated and creative individual, the Director of Global Corporate Strategy will have a strong strategic impact at Twitter. In this role, you will work closely with the Head of Strategy and Corporate Development, our executives, and other global stakeholders in a collaborative manner.
About Strategy and Corporate Development
The Strategy & Corporate Development team supports and challenges the organization’s strategic thinking, executing resulting transactions by applying strategic, financial, transactional execution, investment, and integration acumen. As a key external-facing organization, our team not only surfaces ideas to accelerate existing strategies but also plays a role in identifying emerging trends and businesses with the potential to materially impact our longer-term strategy.
- Identify, frame, and prioritize the analysis of complex business issues and opportunities at the corporate and business level.
- Lead and collaborate with cross-functional global teams frequently including engineering, product, and sales to produce analyses and recommendations.
- Develop board and management team ready work product and lead the presentation of materials in a persuasive thoughtful manner.
- Mentor Corporate Development team members to enable us to scale our strategy work.
- Build consensus and effectively influence senior-level stakeholders.
- Catalyze action against recommendations in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Assist in the identification, due diligence, valuation, and execution of M&A-related opportunities.
- The successful candidate will have excellent academic credentials and will have earned both an undergraduate and graduate degree from top-tier institutions.
- The ideal candidate will have 10 or more years of work experience, at least 5 of which were spent in management/strategy consulting. The preferred candidate will have a combination of consulting and technology company experience.
- Deep experience with a variety of diverse business models required. Consumer-facing internet models such as ad-supported and subscription/licensing strongly preferred.
- Strong business analyst, demonstrating success in uncovering and building cases for new growth opportunities, as well as recognizing threats to a business. Ability to apply effective financial and analytical frameworks.
- Sophisticated operational experience in the Internet, consumer, media/entertainment, or information business segment highly preferred.
- Demonstrated impact via one or more key strategic initiatives.
- Proven excellence in all areas of strategy development, including project management, problem-solving, executive communication, consensus building, and people development.
- Ability to filter out noise to address highest priorities.
- Proven ability to lead through influence and strong potential as a future leader.
- Able to operate in an unstructured, fast-paced, and team-oriented environment.
- Executive presence and gravitas.
- Clear and precise communication and presentation skills.
- Proven with results working at the executive and board level, while having the emotional intelligence to be effective cross-functionally.
- Experience partnering with diverse technical and non-technical teams, spanning all organizational levels and geographies.
- Equally facile operating at the 50,000-foot level and the granular level. Able to coach but willing get your hands dirty as required.
- Inspired by mission and culture driven organizations.
- Global experience required. Experience with a high growth organization a plus.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!