Design technologist, Design
*San Francisco or New York City*
Who We Are
We’re guiding hundreds of millions of people each month to the content they care about - over 300 million logged in, and over 500 million people logged out - and with your contributions, we’ll make it even faster, easier, and more fun to find out what matters most right now.
Who you are
You’re passionate about bridging the gap between design and engineering.
What You'll Do
- Build tools and systems that empower designers to move quicker and smarter
- Take innovative concepts and prototype and iterate to push the boundaries of user interface design
- Work closely with Researchers and Designers to define and deliver new features, test new concepts and assist with final implementation
- Pay attention to detail as you iterate on complex interactions, animations and pixel-perfect visual designs
- Collaborate closely with other UX and clients engineers to create patterns and components that work across multiple devices and make our apps a delight to use
- 3+ years of industry experience shipping websites
- Solid understanding of HTML and CSS
- Strong affinity for design
- Skills to translate complex animations into code
- Passion for making beautiful and delightful native experiences
- Great collaboration skills
- Knowledge of accessibility
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!