Community Outreach & Corporate Philanthropy Manager
We are looking for a community relations and corporate social responsibility manager who can continue to deepen our community outreach in San Francisco while also working as a member of the Public Policy team to implement a compelling, consistent, and coordinated community outreach initiatives globally as part of an overarching corporate philanthropy program. This will be your opportunity to actively assist in the promotion and refinement of our community outreach vision while building the strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders that will be critical to the successful execution of our philanthropic work.
- Reporting to the Director of Public Policy and Philanthropy for the U.S. and Canada, act as point person on the Community Benefits Agreement (CBA) process in San Francisco, acting as liaison to the local community and City officials for CBA purposes, and for community outreach generally
- Management of the Public Policy team’s responsibility for the @NeighborNest, Twitter’s family-friendly community learning center dedicated to creating new opportunities through technology for residents of the Tenderloin, mid-Market and SOMA neighborhoods of San Francisco. This includes managing the staff that delivers programs, hands-on management of community partners and organizing the work of Twitter employees who volunteer in the space.
- Managing community outreach and evaluation of Twitter’s grant making to nonprofits operating in the San Francisco Area, consistent with Twitter’s philanthropic goals.
- Collaborate within the Public Policy team on developing and implementing our strategy for corporate social responsibility initiatives in San Francisco and assist in the establishment of clear criteria and processes for Twitter’s community outreach work elsewhere in the U.S. and globally.
- Develop a strategy to foster and encourage employee participating in our community engagement initiatives in the localities and countries where we operate;
- Work cross-functionally with communications, sales, product, partnerships, facilities, international, and legal teams to ensure that our community outreach and corporate volunteer programs are efficient and effective; and,
- Establish metrics and benchmarks to assess the impact of our community outreach and corporate volunteer efforts and increase reporting of our results through the Twitter for Good blog
Success in this role after one year looks like this:
While you may have started your Twitter experience with some background in the non-profit sector or community organizing, you have learned a great deal about how Twitter can power positive change and improve communities. Locally, you will have done proactive outreach to city officials, non-profits, community based organizations, and businesses in the San Francisco community and made new contacts (and new friends) in the local neighborhood. You will have built upon existing initiatives and further refined and innovated upon programming at the NeighborNest and executed a local community engagement plan that is tailored to our high tech skillset and addresses local needs. You will have further developed a framework for community outreach beyond our SF office to engage employees and stakeholders wherever we operate. Globally, your leadership skills will have helped us establish and implement a company-wide corporate volunteer program by working across various Twitter teams. You will have elevated Twitter’s Public Policy brand among key audiences to a high level. In doing so, you will have demonstrated personal initiative, comprehension, judgment, fortitude, and the ability to think tactically and strategically.
- University degree; advanced degree preferred
- At least 5 years (although more, even much more is welcome) of excellent experience with the non-profit sector or in corporate social responsibility
- Experience with community organizing, public policy, corporate philanthropy and/or government, with familiarity across all disciplines, is a distinct plus
- Strong communications, community outreach, management and interpersonal skills
- Reasonable fluency in technology and a passion about the power of communications to change the world for the better
- Sense of humor
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!