Web Marketing Manager
Who We Are
Hundreds of millions of people use Twitter daily to see what’s new in the world and to connect to their interests. Twitter is also an electric place for brands, businesses, and self-promoters to find a loyal audience. Millions of those advertisers use self-serve ads and are educated and supported by the Self-Serve Ads (SSA) Team.
Twitter’s Self-Serve Ads Marketing Team helps those companies find their voice and audience on Twitter, and make an immediate and global impact. Their ultimate goal is to grow the number of businesses successfully using Twitter’s self-serve ads.
Who You Are
This is a role that sits on a marketing team and has technical skills. You will be responsible for rolling out web changes on buisness.twitter.com, sometimes by yourself and other times in partnership with one or more technical teams at Twitter.
The Web Marketing Manager will report to the Head of Demand Generation for Twitter’s self-serve ads platform and work closely with different channel leaders on the Demand Generation marketing team, and with technical teams across Twitter.
What You’ll Do
This job lies at the intersection of marketing and technical teams and focuses on optimizing and updating business.twitter.com and partnering sites. You’ll be responsible for rolling out changes on business.twitter.com and partnering sites, either yourself or in partnership with one or more technical teams at Twitter. Responsibilities may include:
- Implementing website infrastructure updates and UI improvements as directed by the business owner of that channel (using Adobe Experience Manager)
- Implementing cross-website tracking mechanisms to help understand and improve the user experience
- Developing new landing pages using Adobe Experience Manager and A/B testing multiple versions using Adobe Target
- Partnering with our Data Team and other technical teams across Twitter to provide reporting to help understand the effectiveness of these changes and tests
- Rolling out changes globally on business.twitter.com
- Troubleshooting website issues and identifying solutions
- Building, implementing, A/B testing, and optimizing pages that help make the acquisition funnel as seamless and clear for our customer as possible.
- Working cross-functionally to make structural tweaks to our blog that will help serve the best content to visitors based on their behaviors when on our website.
- Demonstrated track record of managing and executing web development projects with measurable results
- Ability to inspire development teams to achieve stated objectives
- Experience with developing new concepts and effectively bringing them to market
- Commitment to quality, accuracy and consistency — including adherence to brand standards
- Strong project management experience, ability to manage projects across multiple global business units on tight deadlines
- Experience with Adobe Experience Manager or a similar content management system
- Understanding of Adobe Target or a similar tool
- Experience with Google Analytics or a similar web analytics tool
- Some experience working with or alongside digital marketing, social media marketing
- 3-5+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Must be willing to grow and evolve with the role, including adapting to and learning new technical and marketing skills.
- The skill of “influence without authority” - working cross functionally and aligning goals to get things done
- A can-do attitude and a willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Ability to clearly identify and communicate needs to technical and marketing teams at different levels
- Understanding of ad tracking, conversion tracking, and website tracking codes
- Ability to share out findings (i.e. from Adobe Target), ability to work with reporting team to identify opportunities for improvement
- Experience with Jira or similar project management tool
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS
- Lead Generation skills
- Email coding (Eloqua) experience
- Technical SEO knowledge
- Mustache (web template system) understanding
- General knowledge of GDPR regulations
- Tableau understanding
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!