Syndication Partnerships Lead
Location: New York City
Syndication Partnerships Lead
Twitter is seeking a Syndication Partnerships Lead to oversee partner acquisition, management and growth with publishers and content websites for a new Twitter business pilot. These partnerships will be based around an existing portfolio of Twitter products, tools, and services that serve to monetize the vast distribution of Twitter’s content off-platform. This person will balance the pure execution of partner pitching and on-boarding with the strategic mindset of identifying the best prospects and determining the best ways to maximize value from each partner as we grow the program. We’re building something truly new and unique for publishers and content owners across the globe — and looking for the right person to be a founding member of this team.
About Syndication at Twitter
Globally, over a billion people view and engage with Tweets every day, off of Twitter; this is what we call ‘Syndication.’ This off-platform reach extends Twitter’s ‘What’s Happening’ market positioning to the world through scalable partnership distribution deals across the web and in apps.
- Identify partners, develop an execution plan, pitch, negotiate, close, partner-manage, and grow both new and existing partnerships for Twitter’s new publisher monetization program.
- Lead a small team of publisher acquisition specialists also pitching and on-boarding partner prospects with you.
- Identify unique opportunities to increase monetization impact and yield from each existing partner.
- Dig into the metrics and data to identify opportunities for growth as the program begins to scale.
- Work cross-functionally with Product Management, Business Development, Sales, Media, Marketing, Legal, and other internal groups across Twitter to forge, support, and manage the partnership program.
- Manage and maintain strong direct relationships with Twitter’s key Syndication partners.
- Be a strong voice inside Twitter representing the views of the Syndication partners’ goals and priorities.
- 5+ years of business development and/or strategic partnership experience in a consumer-web, media, or technology company.
- Experience identifying, negotiating, closing, launching, managing, and scaling distribution partnerships with media, technology and/or consumer web companies.
- Strong understanding of the publisher and media landscape, particularly within the digital web publisher and native apps ecosystem.
- History of running quickly with little supervision and oversight.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with interest and skills in growing a new business from the beginning.
- Proven track record in managing complex partnerships and identifying and optimizing opportunities with both new and existing partners.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills. Ability to speak fluently to executives, leaders, product managers, and engineers.
- Passion about Twitter with a clear understanding of Twitter consumer products and business models.
- Understanding of Twitter’s strategic and competitive position.
- Ability to build prospective partnership pipelines based on both internal and external data sources, develop opportunity-sizing exercises and analysis, and create partner pitch materials.
Role must be based in New York City.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!