Server Hardware Engineer
Who are we:
Twitter is looking for a Hardware Engineer to add to our Hardware Engineering team. Our mission is to design and deliver the hardware that runs Twitter, and to make sure we keep our data centers efficient. We've delivered years of TCO improvements, and we are looking to take our infrastructure to the next level.
What You'll Do:
As a Hardware Engineer you will collaborate with our Engineering teams to find hardware solutions to Twitter's infrastructure demands. You will lead OEMs/ODMs/CMs/System Integrators, and develop novel solutions. You will ensure the quality of systems through the lifecycle of a product.
Who You Are:
You like building data center infrastructure, and have been looking for the next challenge in your career. You will join a team responsible for scaling Twitter's compute infrastructure. You should have strong opinions about how to design, test, and qualify hardware, systems, firmware, and server components. You should be familiar with industry standard hardware development processes. Most importantly, you should be prepared to build Twitter's next generation of hardware.
- You will lead the project management of hardware development programs from inception to final product shipment.
- Help our team of engineers and/or server ODM/OEM partners to develop, support, and sustain purpose built servers, with emphasis on a robust design and high quality product.
- You will collaborate regularly with internal product teams to understand requirements, cost-optimize solutions, and cultivate product knowledge.
- Expect to start hardware procurement process from initial concept, architectural draft, product requirement documents, to a final RFP.
- You will generate and review validation plans, oversee execution and test reports across multiple disciplines including mechanical, firmware, and system software.
- Investigate, triage, and debug hardware and system level issues down to component and firmware level working across the organization.
- Define and qualify second source components and materials to ensure continuity in supply chain of products.
- You should be able to work with system software engineers to define, develop, and improve test scripts.
- 5+ years hardware engineering and test/validation experience
- Technical degree (BSEE, BSIE, BSME, CS) or equivalent.
- In-depth x86 server design including CPUs, PCIe, Power, Memory, etc.
- ODM Product Development
- Knowledge of storage and or power subsystems
- Some travel required
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants:
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!