Senior Software Engineer - Network Reliability Engineering
Who we are:
Twitter is currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our Network Reliability Engineering (NRE) team. The NRE team focuses on building automation and tooling for Twitter’s data center and backbone networks.
Twitter's Network Engineering group owns a fast-paced and constantly growing network that seeks to implement cutting-edge technology to power the systems behind one of the world's largest websites and social media platforms.
What you’ll do:
- Design scalable solutions that enable simple and elegant management and implementation of complex infrastructure systems.
- Implement software in a reliable and sustainable manner.
- Support and maintain your software systems to ensure a high quality customer experience.
- Collaborate with, learn from, and mentor teammates.
- Help drive and support further automation skills across the wider Network Engineering team members.
Who you are:
- Demonstrated ability to write modular and well tested code.
- Track record of crafting and implementing complex software services
- BS in Computer Science or comparable experience
- 5+ years of industry experience at a large-scale internet service
- Fluency in Python, Java, C++, or similar (Python strongly preferred)
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis
- Comfortable working in a small, fast-growing, and dynamic development environment
- Datacenter, Network and System knowledge: you know the layers below the systems.
- Ideally you can provide a link to your portfolio of websites, personal projects, github repo, or technology blog
- You use and love Twitter
- You are not afraid of a challenge at scale
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!