Senior Financial Analyst (Revenue Forecasting / Data Science)
Senior Financial Analyst - Revenue Forecasting & Analytics
We are looking for a Senior Analyst with a solid background in data science skills (statistics, SQL, R or Python), a bias towards business impact, and the ability to collaborate with non-technical teams
Who We Are:
The Revenue Forecasting and Analytics Team provides insight into Twitter’s advertising business using financial models built on strong relationships. We engage directly with senior management to understand the drivers of Twitter’s revenue, and turn that understanding into predictive models that drive critical strategic decisions. We value rigorous quantitative methods, but also recognize the limitations of this approach, and frequently must balance traditional statistical models with business intuition.
What You’ll Do:
- Use predictive modeling and analytics to forecast Twitter’s revenue, identify growth opportunities, influence business partners, and drive effective decision making
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders in Sales, Finance and across the company, with a specific focus on our Data Science and Forecasting teams
- Partner with Product, Engineering and Operations teams to help resolve broader business problems, create revenue growth plans, establish financial and operating targets and determine optimal resource requirements
- Design, develop & deliver robust and scalable reporting
- Simplify complex problems & huge data sets, to extract non-obvious insights
- Be part of a great team, but capable of operating independently - managing relationships, deliverables and expectations with your business partners
- Be personable, approachable and able to connect with each and every person on the team and throughout the business
- Create and deliver impactful presentations that tell a story focused on insights, not just data
- Remain detail-oriented while working across a wide variety of projects
Who You Are:
- An expert in financial modeling and quantitative analysis, who enjoys solving complex and unstructured problems
- A solid grasp of statistics and predictive modeling, and experience using these techniques in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across different functions and effectively influence senior business partners
- Experience with advertising market (especially digital) a strong plus
- Bachelor's degree with strong academic record
- At least 4-7 years of work experience
- Superior modeling skills
- Experience with SQL and a statistical programming package is required. We primarily use R, but are willing to train candidates with experience in other languages (eg Python)
- Possess a demonstrable grasp of Twitter and our business model
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants:
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!