Sales Operations Associate/Analyst, JAPAC (Singapore)
Who we are:
The Sales Operations team at Twitter partners with Global Revenue and Partnerships teams to drive revenue, craft and execute sales strategy, and lead all internal systems to drive productivity.
The Sales Operations team at Twitter provides analytical and strategic insights and executes strategic projects that support revenue growth. As an analyst on the JAPAC (Japan and Asia Pacific) Sales Operations team, you will serve as an internal consultant for the Sales team and work very closely with the Sales Managers and Directors to surface revenue opportunities and work hand-in-hand to hit revenue goals.
You will be a self-starter, independent thinker, deeply analytical and detailed-oriented, but capable of working in a structured manner to thrive in ambiguity. Our team does not shy away from rolling up our sleeves, slicing and dicing massive sets of information, and building solutions to problems that have not been taken on yet. Your hunger for working with data is only matched by your hunger for working at Twitter.
What does success in this role look like?
You will embed yourself with the sales team and become the strategy and operations backbone for those teams. You will present strategic insights and recommendations to senior management and partners in the Sales, Finance, Partnerships and Marketing organisations. You will often independently identify issues, problem solve, and with enthusiasm drive solutions - people come to you when they have a tough problem and don’t know how to solve it.
- Gather & analyze data and conduct research (e.g., market data, competitive analysis, advertiser/consumer research) through quantitative and qualitative mechanisms to help make decisions on critical strategic issues
- Frame and break down complex business problems into key components, design analysis to drive to insight and answers to critical questions, and recommend practical solutions to drive results
- Partner with Sales Managers and Client Partners and Client Account Managers to identify opportunities to increase revenue, improve salesforce efficiency, and scale our business effectively. Lead efforts to scale standard methodologies across your region
- Drive implementation of significant short- and long-term efforts contributing to the overall growth and profitability of Twitter
- Present strategic insights and recommendations to senior management and stakeholders in the Sales, Finance, Marketing, and Partnerships organizations
- Stay on top of market trends and changes in the competitive landscape, and share insights and recommendations with the team
- Work closely with our cross functional partners (Sales teams, Revenue engineering, Finance, HR) to ensure successful execution of key projects, while continually finding opportunities for ongoing program improvements and enhancements.
- Actively participate in preparing quarterly business reviews with the sales teams
- 2+ years of experience
- Bachelor degree or equivalent with specialisation in marketing, finance, business, or related field of study.
- Analytical thinker and structured problem solver.
- Comfortable to work in ambiguity with a bent towards fast execution and iteration.
- Project management mindset on task execution.
- Experience researching and manipulating complex and large data sets.
- Strong working knowledge and skills in spreadsheet and presentation software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working across multiple functions/ business units, influencing and collaborating with others to successfully implement programs
Desired but not required:
- Management consulting experience a big plus.
- Experience in the digital marketing industry and familiarity with popular digital advertising platforms.
- Experience working with sales operations function/ similar function in other companies
- Familiar with SQL or any other form of database querying language a plus.
- Knowledge of complex analytical packages including, but not limited to, R, SPSS, Stata, and SAS.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!