Partner Engineering - Ads
Twitter.com is one of the largest and most popular websites in the world. Our code operates at massive scale and speed, serving billions of requests per day, connecting hundreds of millions of active Twitter users to real-time information about their lives and the world we live in.
The Advertiser Experience engineering team is at the heart of the Twitter’s ads platform supporting all key features built for our advertisers which provide rich exposure to the social advertising industry. Are you looking for an opportunity to influence both the product and business strategy and take your talents to the next level? Read on.
Who we are
Ads API Partner Engineering resides within the Advertiser Experience team which is an engineering team responsible for all interfaces between Twitter ad products and advertisers through which most of Twitter’s $2.44B in revenue flow. Our products are used by advertisers of all sizes – from the world’s largest brands and agencies to SMBs and personal brands. We play a vital role in affecting all advertising revenue at Twitter. Partner Engineering contributes to this by cultivating and maintaining relationships with the engineering and products teams of our Twitter Official Partners and with the developer community that integrates with the Ads API.
You will be joining a team of highly-skilled and enthusiastic engineers who are passionate about developer experience (DX). You will have the opportunity to use your broad set of skills to influence both the product and business strategy. We’ll both challenge and support you to do the best work of your career. You’ll have the opportunity to have a truly global impact, working to improve a product that touches hundreds of millions of users.
What you will do
- Consult with external partners to optimize their use of Twitter’s API products and maximize the business value they receive
- Collaborate with internal business, product and engineering teams to understand and contribute to the product roadmap and its application to customer needs - including technical and business implications to partner solutions
- Diagnose complex product bugs, issues, and feature requests, communicate their nature and impact to product and engineering teams, and provide technical assistance and information to facilitate their resolution
- Work closely with external partners’ product and engineering teams to guide implementation of solutions using Twitter’s API products to solve specific business and engineering needs
- Contribute to documentation, SDKs, open source code examples and other material to assist partners with API integrations
- Collaborate with sister Twitter partner engineering and developer relations teams to advocate for and improve the Twitter developer platform as a whole.
- 5+ years in a software engineering, partner/sales engineering or developer relations role
- 2+ years of software development experience with at least one of the following: Python, PHP, Ruby, Java, C# (or similar programming language)
- Solid understanding of HTTP and opinionated on what makes a good API
- Experience presenting to both technical and business oriented audiences at all levels of seniority
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally with product, engineering, design, and marketing teams
- Experience writing technical documentation, guides or tutorials
- Excellent project management skills, including scoping, stakeholder management, and communication, and comfortable running projects with significant autonomy
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!