Live Video Curator, Arabic Language (London)
Live video is growing on Twitter every day, and we're hiring a London-based editor to help keep up. Your job will be to find, seed and share the best broadcasts and breaking news events as they happen in real time on Periscope and Twitter.
- We're looking for an energetic, optimistic and experienced multilingual media junkie.
- You can think on your feet and you know what makes a great live stream.
- You're clued in and have broad knowledge of global current events, as well as cultural, social and political trends worth watching.
- You're comfortable working with media partners and have endless ideas for pushing live streaming forward as a form.
- You should be fluent in English and Arabic sufficiently to assess the value of live broadcasts in real time, write titles and descriptions, and interact with community members.
- You should have a minimum of two years experience in online publishing, with experience curating video and breaking news from social media.
- You're also insatiably curious and ahead of the curve, the kind of person who's first to share cool stuff in your social circle, whether it's new music, books and films or the GIFs and news headlines everyone winds up talking about later that day.
- You have a knack for mining gems from social networks before they go viral.
- You're a self-starter ready to roll up your sleeves and get to work on day one, and also ready to grow into a leader able to run a team when the time comes.
If this sounds like you, drop us a line.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!