Legal Counsel - Inbound Licensing, Sourcing and Procurement
Join Twitter’s growing Legal team in San Francisco and support the global procurement team and business partners as Legal Counsel.
Who We Are:
Twitter is looking to add a collaborative, energetic attorney with experience supporting sourcing/procurement, inbound business development/joint development, engineering, and complex technology transactions to our team. You must bring exceptional business judgment and creativity to your daily role, and have a track record of collaborating and thriving in a fast-paced, team environment.
What You’ll Do:
As a member of the Commercial Legal team, you will serve as legal counsel for our global procurement team and business partners, advising on and negotiating a wide variety of inbound software license agreements, Software-as-a-Service, Infrastructure-as-a-Service, development, partner and vendor agreements, and other commercial agreements, sometimes impacting multiple organizations within the business. You will work closely with Legal team colleagues, as well as interface with members of our Sourcing and Finance teams.
Who You Are:
- You are a team player
- You have extensive contract drafting skills (domestic and international)
- You have a track record leading internal projects to build scalable tools and improve global legal processes to support a fast-growing global business.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset; flexible, self-starting and hard-working
- You have excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple urgent projects concurrently
- You are experienced in managing project expectations, reporting to upper level management, and managing escalations of legal and business issues
- You possess strong written and oral communication skills
- You are experienced in building upon and improving standard form agreements
- You are comfortable providing guidance on business and legal risks, as well as company policies and risk tolerance to internal clients
- Genuinely an awesome person
- 5+ years of relevant legal experience, ideally with at least 2 – 3 years of in-house experience in a fast-paced and rapidly growing technology company, and with at least 2 years of experience in a law firm, supporting transactions
- JD and California Bar admission in good standing (or qualified for and willing to maintain Registered In-House Counsel status with California State Bar)
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!