Legal Counsel - Global Content Partnerships
Who We Are:
As a member of the Commercial Legal team, you will be responsible for structuring, negotiating and drafting agreements with premium content publishers (including sports leagues, television networks, event producers and brands) for the distribution and monetization on Twitter of live streaming video broadcasts, VOD highlight clips, Moments and other Twitter content products. You will work closely with relevant Twitter executives, deal leads, the video product team, the Global Content Partnerships team and other cross-functional stakeholders to support such transactions from initiation of term sheet through signature of agreement. You will assist in the implementation of these agreements and in the monetization (including via ad sales) of the resulting content. You will work as needed with Legal team colleagues around the world in support of content-related agreements with partners in various international territories.
We're looking for an experienced lawyer who is excited to operate in an energizing environment with broad responsibilities. We want your legal smarts, business sense, a strong work ethic and a good personality because you'll be dealing with challenging legal issues and will help craft our content acquisition and monetization strategy. You will need to be able to operate independently and work actively with various teams across the organization. You have significant experience supporting complex video content licensing and/or monetization agreements, particularly in the entertainment and/or sports industries. Ideally you have worked in-house at a technology, entertainment, media and/or Internet company, or have worked for clients in one or more of these industries at a law firm.
What You'll Do:
- Structure, negotiate and draft agreements with premium content publishers (including sports leagues, television networks, event producers and brands) for the distribution and monetization on Twitter of live streaming video broadcasts, VOD highlight clips, Moments and other Twitter content products
- Provide dedicated legal and business affairs support to Twitter executives, deal leads, the video product team, the Global Content Partnerships team and other cross-functional stakeholders for content publisher transactions, from initiation of term sheet through signature of agreement
- Assist in the implementation of premium content publisher agreements and in the monetization of the resulting content
- Work as needed with Legal team colleagues around the world in support of content-related agreements with partners in various international territories
- Serve as a subject matter expert within the company and stay up-to-date on FCC, FTC, copyright, trademark, music licensing, advertising and other legal issues related to Twitter’s content acquisition and monetization business
Who You Are:
- Significant experience with intellectual property (especially copyright and trademark), Internet, FCC, FTC, user privacy, advertising, sports, entertainment, licensing and contract law
- Demonstrated sound business and legal judgment
- Independent mindset, creative, flexible, self-starting and hard-working
- Successful working in a company experiencing rapid change
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to lead and effectively prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- At least 4 years (more even better!) of relevant legal experience, including support of complex video content licensing and/or monetization agreements, ideally at both a law firm and a fast-paced technology, media, sports, entertainment or Internet company
- A track record of success in working in conjunction with business clients in support of innovative content acquisition, monetization and distribution programs
- J.D. and California Bar admission in good standing (or qualified for and willing to apply for/maintain Registered In-House Counsel status with California State Bar)
Here’s all the legal good stuff: We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!