Legal Counsel - Compliance (EMEA)
Legal Counsel - Compliance (EMEA)
You will report to the Senior Legal Director, Compliance and will be responsible for implementation of the global compliance program in the EMEA region as well as assisting in the ongoing development and enhancement of the global compliance program. This will include a wide range of compliance matters including ethics, anti-corruption, sanctions, conflicts of interest, and investigations in the region. You will work closely with Compliance and Legal team colleagues and other control and support functions, as well as with business leaders in the region. You'll help to continue to develop the compliance culture at Twitter and embed integrity and compliance initiatives in our EMEA operations as our company grows.
We're looking for an experienced professional who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with broad responsibilities including:
- Provide expertise, advice and guidance to internal stakeholders on a broad range of topics including ethics, anti-bribery, trade compliance, confidentiality, conflicts of interest, insider trading and other related areas;
- Develop and deliver informative and engaging training and communications to employees in the EMEA region on compliance matters, including to support program enhancements, new policies and procedures;
- Develop and implement regional compliance communications plan to help keep compliance top of mind;
- Design tailored region-specific guidance and addenda to compliance policies, as appropriate;
- Collaborate and work closely with legal, finance, HR, business teams, managers and other control functions to embed compliance culture and practices in daily operations and activities within the region;
- Periodic monitoring, testing and auditing for program implementation and effectiveness within the region;
- Conduct or assist with internal investigations into alleged violations of the Code of Conduct or other policies ensuring appropriate fact-finding, document retention and recommended findings and action items;
- Perform periodic risk assessments throughout the company on regulatory and legal matters including development and oversight of implementation of any control enhancements or remediation;
- Monitor industry and regulatory developments, and make compliance recommendations;
- Pursues continuing education to maintain knowledge of current ethics and compliance rules and practices.
- 5+ years (though more is welcome) of your experience is directly relevant to this Compliance role, (at least two years of in house experience preferred);
- Experience implementing and monitoring a regional compliance program for a multinational publicly-traded company, including designing and tailoring training, regional guidance and addenda to global policies, as appropriate;
- Substantive expertise in anti-bribery and anti-corruption law, global trade compliance issues and other compliance-related subjects;
- Experience leading and conducting confidential and privileged investigations into compliance related matters;
- Demonstrated sound business and legal judgment;
- Forward-thinking and strategic, looking not only at what will work now, but what will work 3 or 5 or more years from now;
- Entrepreneurial mindset: flexible, self-starting and hard-working, generating new and innovative solutions as we build out the Compliance program;
- Comfortable working in a company experiencing rapid growth and evolution and that is the subject of intense public scrutiny
- Strong project management and organizational skills and ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Outstanding, oral, written and presentation communication skills, fluency in English is required;
- Strong influencing skills as well as excellent collaboration skills to engage with high performance teams and colleagues in different functions and at different levels in the company;
- Willing and able to travel to Twitter offices in the EMEA region
- Law degree (e.g. JD or equivalent) and qualification to practice law required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!