iOS Engineer - Video Data Infrastructure Team
Who We Are
Our team at Twitter collects, aggregates, and serves video analytics data from — iOS, Android, and web. Our mission is to provide reliable, accurate, and timely data to support internal decision makers as well as to be used in end user products.
We are a team of talented and passionate individuals from all over the world and from many different backgrounds, working together to build products reaching every person on the planet. We go beyond our daily work to also develop relationships, with activities such as game nights, foosball, and team outings. We keep our teams small to encourage impactful contributions from all while promoting meaningful collaboration. We will both challenge and support you to do the best work of your career.
What You’ll Do
As an iOS Software Engineer on the Video Data Infrastructure team, you will:
• Work with some of the best people in the industry to build and maintain efficient client libraries.
• Write highly scalable software in Objective-C with a focus on reusability and efficiency.
• Build features that will be immediately used by millions of passionate users on Twitter and Periscope.
• Develop strong skills and best practices while collaborating with design, product, and your teammates.
• Take an active role in defining how our team works together, and how our products work.
• Using data and customer insight to help plan, prioritize and analyze the results of features, you’ll do more than just write code.
• Embrace opportunities to learn from Twitter’s community of talented engineers designers, researchers, and community managers, as well as teach others your strengths.
Who You Are
• You have a detailed knowledge of iOS and mobile development.
• You have experience in building, debugging, and profiling iOS applications in Objective-C.
• You are customer-focused and understand that shipping impactful software involves trade-offs and collaboration.
• You are a self-starter; you have a strong sense of ownership and curiosity to learn and understand how things work, and share your learning with the rest of the team.
• You value close collaboration within a team, and approach conflict with the intention to find a solution.
• You have experience working closely across a variety of teams including backend, design, and product management.
• You have a track record of delivering reliable, efficient software and systems.
• You want to work on a product used by millions of people every day.
• B.S. or higher in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
• Have released production applications to the App Store.
• Experience with AppCode.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!