Director of Strategy and Planning - Consumer Product
The Bluebird organization is responsible for the core consumer Twitter experience, from creating the new features and experiences that happen inside the Twitter and TweetDeck apps to refining how Tweets are displayed on web pages across the internet. Our teams work relentlessly to help Twitter users see the best of the Twitter - whether through new features like Moments, new initiatives to curb abuse and spam or applying machine learning models and algorithms to find the most interesting Tweets. Come help us build a newer, better Twitter!
- Drives and orchestrates the overall strategic planning process for Twitter Consumer Engineering, Product, Design & Research (EPDR) teams, including 6 month product roadmaps, goal setting, and investment planning.
- Participates as part of the EPDR leadership team, facilitating key decisions and driving execution across both product and business objectives.
- Manages the operating rhythms across EPDR team, enabling the team to execute with speed and efficiency.
- Communicate priorities, activities, and results to the larger team, while ensuring deliverables are met. Have a strong pulse and feedback loop on the team needs.
- Helps build a successful and healthy team: review, design, and execute on improvements to org structure, find knowledge and skills gaps and help address them, design optimal workflows, and align internal processes.
- Represents EPDR as key liaison in coordinating with other internal planning functions (e.g. Finance, HR, etc.). Identifies and takes on ad hoc strategic projects - everything from defining new opportunities to executing cross-functional initiatives.
- Develops content and drives communication across EPDR and rest of the company, communicating regular product updates, key results, and consolidating strategic plans for review with the Twitter executive team and the Board.
- BA/BS degree.
- 10+ years experience preferably with 5+ years of experience in product management or engineering and 5+ years of experience in management consulting or business strategy/planning.
- Experience working in a consumer focused technology company.
- Experience in managing resourcing/staffing, and having worked directly with the C-suite/VP level on a regular basis.
- Proven ability to track, prioritize, and drive multiple concurrent projects to success.
- Utilize data and metrics to understand underlying trends and identify course corrections.
- Excellent written & oral communication and presentation skills.
- Lead and influence across multiple levels and multiple functions of an organization.
- Trusted advisor and thought partner to executives and to team members.
- Highest level of integrity and management of confidential information.
At Twitter, we have a bold aspiration to reach every person on the planet. We believe that goal is more attainable with a team that understands and represents different cultures and backgrounds.
Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!