Ads Policy Domain Specialist
Ads Policy Domain Specialist
About this Job
Twitter is seeking an experienced, motivated, results-oriented, and highly adaptable policy expert to join our Trust and Safety team in Dublin to continue our mission of advocating for users’ safety and maintaining trust in Twitter Ads. If you are proactive, disciplined, collaborative, like to manage multiple tasks efficiently and hold fairness and consistency as top priorities in the face of complex competing interests, we’d like to speak to you!
Ads Policy team members work closely with Twitter’s Ad Operations, Legal, Public Policy, Comms and Sales teams advising, assisting and training internal stakeholders on various ads policy matters. The team liaises with these stakeholders around the full life cycle of a policy - from initial legal and regulatory research, to implementation, to re-evaluation in response to incidents.
As a member of our Dublin team you will research, draft, publish, evaluate, and propose policies governing ads on and off of the Twitter platform. You will participate in the proposal of policies covering, in particular, the EMEA region, and especially for policy areas that are highly regulated, such as alcohol, gambling, financial services, and healthcare. You will also participate in identifying scalable ways of enforcing policies through existing tools and resources, while also proposing improvements to existing enforcement tools.
- Continuously evaluate, propose, and execute on improvements to existing processes and policies for EMEA
- Provide policy training to Policy Ops, Sales and stakeholders in key countries in the EMEA region
- Identify areas of risk and provide policy guidance on revenue products when launching in the European market.
- Document and explain team policies and processes clearly and intelligibly to Twitter employees and, when required, to advertisers and other third parties
- Develop strong relationships within the company and serve as a trusted advisor to the Ads Policy team
- Coordinate projects and streamline communications among local and/or distributed teammates and stakeholders to meet deadlines, produce necessary work product, and achieve team goals
- Handle incoming queries about advertising policy areas with clear, helpful, and complete responses
- Deep understanding of Twitter and familiarity with Twitter Ads
- Exceptional analytical, research, and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Deep knowledge of the online advertising space and its associated policy issues
- Understanding of ad exchanges
- Able to collaborate with a multicultural and global team of stakeholders who may (at times) have competing priorities.
- Self-motivated and assertive with the ability to drive solutions autonomously
- Patience, independence, resilience and flexibility
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever-changing, rapid growth, fun environment
- Excellent business judgment and strategic thinking
- Proactively recognize needs, anticipate issues and solve problems
- Fluent in English with additional fluency in a second language
- Experience with e-commerce, ad exchanges and networks
- 3+ years of experience at an internet company working on advertising policy issues
- B.A/B.S. or equivalent education and/or experience
NOTE: Telecommuting is not an option; this role is full-time in Dublin. Please be sure to specify all languages and level of fluency in your application/resume.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!