Legal Counsel - Corporate, Securities and M&A
Who We Are
We are currently a team of two attorneys and a paralegal and are looking for an experienced counsel to help us continue to do amazing things at Twitter. As Legal Counsel, Corporate, Securities and M&A, at Twitter, you’ll work with team members who are passionate about the law and growing our business in a way that makes us proud. You'll have a diverse range of responsibilities, primarily focused on mergers & acquisitions and securities law compliance, but will also help Twitter with corporate structuring, finance, governance and stock administration matters. As part of the role, you should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with broad responsibility.
What You'll Do
- Support mergers and acquisitions from structuring the offer to closing and integrating the deal
- Support securities law compliance and periodic SEC reporting
- Assist with corporate governance and compliance matters
- Work with the finance department on equity and other issues
- Ability to be the primary lawyer on Mergers & Acquisitions transactions
Who You Are
- You will bring legal smarts, analytic rigor, business sense, and a strong work ethic
- You will tackle challenging legal issues and to help craft business strategy
- You have the ability to operate independently and work cross functionally with various teams across the organization, including Corporate Development, Finance, Tax, Stock Administration and Human Resources
- You are familiar with public reporting requirements
- You can demonstrate sound business and legal discernment with an entrepreneurial mindset: flexible, self-starting and hard-working
- You have strong written, oral communication, and organizational skills
- You are flexible working in a company experiencing rapid growth with excellent ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- You have a good sense of humor
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- 3-5 of related experience at a sophisticated law firm
- California Bar admission in good standing (or qualified for and willing to apply for/maintain Registered In-House Counsel status with the California State Bar)
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!