CDN Operations Engineer
Who We Are
Twitter CDN team operates private and public content delivery networks; we partner with 3rd party content providers and also support a private CDN infrastructure which uses Twitter backbone and edge networks. We enable Twitter developers and internal customers to deliver rich media content to our users quickly, efficiently and at low cost.
Who You Are
You are a driven Engineer who is highly proficient and has had hands-on experience with global content delivery platforms, ingress/egress traffic engineering, and capacity management. You will help Twitter's content delivery group handle a rapidly scaling global delivery network that focuses on performance and capacity of internal and external delivery systems.
What You’ll Do
- As a CDN Operations Engineer
- You will actively participate in the configuration and management of private and 3rd party providers
- You will provide support to internal groups on design and configuration of content delivery profiles
- You will support on-call teams for operational issues and performance degradation
- You will actively monitor capacity globally and plan for changes or additions based on load or global events
- You will participate in continuous design and deployment documentation of supported delivery profiles
- Extensive experience with operation and utilization of content delivery networks
- End to end understanding of content delivery network architecture, standards, and troubleshooting
- Deep understanding of various media types (images, video, streaming)
- Experience with DNS, anycast and edge traffic engineering practices
- Understanding of server hardware technologies relative to content delivery performance and capacity
- Understanding of common global Internet routing architecture, major exchange points, and eyeball networks
- Experience in rapid network and server deployments
- You will take part in 24x7 on-call rotation
- B.S. in computer science or similar field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of direct involvement with network configurations in a high demand/high capacity production environment
- Proficiency in content delivery network diagnostics
- Experience with global anycast networking
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco Applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!