Full Stack Software Engineer - Data and Enterprise Solutions
Who We Are
Our mission is to make this ever-expanding universe of social media data available via a consistent and reliable architecture so the world can realize the full potential of this amazing stream of information. If you're interested in building products that customers use daily to make key business decisions, resolve their own customers’ concerns, and drive groundbreaking research, read on.
Our software collects, processes, enriches and delivers hundreds of billions of activities a day through a wide variety of social media APIs. Our products are highly available, scalable, optimized, respectful of Twitter's user base, and truly essential for our customers who build their businesses on Twitter data. We work closely with our product managers and customers to make sure we build the right products at the right time.
DES products include:
- Real time streaming access to Twitter data
- Historical and sync access to archived Twitter data
- Enrichments on Twitter objects derived from the latest machine learning technologies
- Flexible access to aggregate data
- End to end developer experience
What You’ll Do
If this sounds like a team you want to be a part of, great! We are looking for an engineer who loves writing code, has a strong desire to learn new technologies, and wants to collaborate with teammates who are committed to serving their customers. More specifically, you will
- Build, optimize, and maintain an easy-to-use, powerful web application using React and Redux
- Work closely with product managers, designers, and engineers across the company
- Craft elegant solutions to fix bugs and solve problems
- Actively look for ways to build and improve the end-to-end experience for developers who want to build on twitter platform.
- Help drive the direction of our growing architecture
Who You Are
- You're smart and you love to build systems with purpose that are well tested and flexible.
- You wish to tackle hard product and engineering challenges working alongside smart people.
- You're excited to ramp up on new technologies to build awesome things with us!
- You have a strong desire to craft performant web experiences
- You have a proven understanding of the full web technology stack
- You have a disciplined approach to writing unit and integration tests
- You are passionate about making beautiful and delightful web experiences
- You have an ability to take on complex problems, learn quickly, and persist towards a good solution
- MS or BS in Computer Science
- 3-10 years of industry or equivalent programming experience
- Understanding of core CS concepts, such as, common data structures and algorithms
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!