Software Engineer - Infrastructure Insight
Who we are:
The Infrastructure Insight team at Twitter is tasked with the development of services, automation, and libraries to improve the reliability and visibility of our distributed systems.
What you’ll do:
You will be responsible for crafting and building tools to push Twitter to its limits and managing the hardware/system capacity planning and trends.
Design scalable solutions that simplify the management and implementation of complex infrastructure systems.
Implement software in a reliable and sustainable manner.
Support and maintain your software systems to ensure a high quality customer experience.
Collaborate with, learn from, and mentor teammates.
Who you are:
- Demonstrated ability to write modular and well tested code.
- Track record of crafting and implementing complex software services
- BS in Computer Science or comparable experience
- 5+ years of industry experience at a large-scale internet service
- Strong Scala, Java or Python experience required and fluency in at least one other language preferred..
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis
- Comfortable working in a small, fast-growing, and dynamic development environment
- Ideally you can provide a link to your portfolio of websites, personal projects, github repo, or technology blog
- You use and love Twitter
- You are not afraid of a challenge at scale
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!