Twitter operates over tens of thousands of physical servers across its fleet of datacenters. Come join our Infrastructure Engineering team!
Who are We:
Twitter Supply Engineering is seeking an expert and motivated Manufacturing Engineer who is passionate about building out large scale hardware infrastructure to join our team. We are looking for a team member with a proven operational track record working with internal customers and hardware manufacturers in the delivery of high quality custom hardware, bring-up of new vendors and lead qualification of manufacturing locations.
What You'll do:
In this role you will be responsible for key aspects of vendor engagement, and developing and leading server vendors from FAI to mass production. The role extends to program managing the set up and monitoring new assembly lines, corrective actions when issues discovered, monitor input and output quality. You have a proven manufacturing and supplier management track record in new supplier bring-up, planning new product introductions, ramp for server/storage systems and running production runs.
This role is based in San Francisco, CA.
Who You Are:
- You will collaborate with supply chain and hardware development team on hardware roadmap, DFM,qualification and deployment
- Support qualification manufacturing lines to support new platform builds, and provide DFM inputs
- You will perform audits and qualification of ODM/supplier manufacturing sites, as needed
- You will review factory processes for opportunities in TCO reduction
- You will execute on manufacturing and development processes to handle issues that have direct impact to cost, quality + delivery of server and power management products.
- Identify manufacturability issues during engineering builds to ensure established product quality. Monitor yield improvements, cycle time reduction, process related cost reductions, etc. at ODM
- Develop internal procedures (Stop ship, Audit etc) and validate procedures at ODM. Handle SCARs and quality excursions
- Evaluate and improve product quality and reliability performance using techniques such as HALT and ORT
- You will coordinate development of server manufacturing tests, and monitor its implementation. Standardize manufacturing test procedures across ODMs
- Develop business and manufacturing requirements into vendor RFQs, and lead strategic negotiations with vendors.
- Assist in executing commercial contracts, statement of work (SOW), and quarterly business reviews with ODMs
- 6 years manufacturing experience
- Technical degree (BSEE, BSIE, BSME) or equivalent. MS preferred
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Server, Storage and Ship-in-rack experience strongly desired
- OEM/ODM/CM manufacturing technology experience
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!