Tax Director (San Francisco, CA)
We are currently seeking an experienced hands-on Tax Director to join the Twitter tax team!
The Tax Director will be responsible for managing all aspects of tax accounting (ASC 740) and tax reporting for Twitter, with a strong emphasis on non-US affiliates.
Primary responsibilities include -
- • Manage and direct the tax accounting provision process in accordance with ASC 740 and stay abreast of technical updates pertinent to Twitter
- • Assist with the U.S. and international income tax reporting to ensure all reporting obligations are satisfied accurately and timely
- • Manage and direct compliance efforts for SOX 404 for all tax accounting controls and documentation requirements
- • Develop and implement policies and procedures to improve efficiency of global tax accounting process
- • Manage and direct the required tax accounting for business acquisitions and other significant non-recurring transactions (potential VA release)
- • Act as liaison with tax planning, tax accounting and other business functions (legal, technical accounting, Corp Dev) to ensure all changes affecting tax reporting are proactively managed
- • Implement and monitor worldwide transfer pricing strategy
- • Support with tax projects, including modeling for tax impacts
- • Assist Tax Controversy manager with income tax audits
- • Develop effective working relationships with finance, accounting and other functions located in the US and throughout the world
- • Assist in transfer pricing calculations e.g. management fee arrangements and cost sharing calculations.
The qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- • BS/BA degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent
- • CPA and/or Master in Tax preferred
- • Deep knowledge of ASC 740
- • Strong understanding of transfer pricing relationships common to U.S.multi-nationals
- • 10+ years relevant experience in Big 4 and/or technology industry, including extensive technical skills in a wide range of income tax matters
- • Knowledge of Oracle
- • Ability to handle multiple tasks and deliver on tight timelines
- • Detail oriented
- • Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to clearly and concisely interface with all levels of management.
- • Motivated individual with excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- • Team player!
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
Twitter Recruiting: All the deets about who we're hiring, what we're doing and why you should come and work here! #lovewhereyouwork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!