Global Partnerships Solutions Leader (NYC OR LA OR SF)
WHO WE ARE:
Twitter is the most powerful live platform in the world—whether you come to discover what’s happening in real-time, follow breaking news, or to connect with today’s most influential users. The Partnership Solutions team will support the most high impact users globally across our Entertainment, News and Sports verticals, to empower these users and get them into a Twitter-first mindset. The team will work to proactively create programs and moments on the Twitter platform that leverage the brand equity of partners in exchange for the power of Twitter’s distribution, to drive positive sentiment among key audiences and constituencies. The Partnership Solutions lead will work in lockstep with other key cross functional stakeholders at Twitter including Comms, Marketing, Product, Trust & Safety, and Support.
Reporting to the Global Head of Content Partnerships, this role can be based in either LA, San Francisco, or New York.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Create Partner & Very Important Tweeter (VIT) programs that highlight the fun, magic and power of the Twitter platform.
- Create a calendar of events and moments in time where Twitter has an opportunity to show its unique strengths.
- Align with key stakeholders in Marketing, Live and Comms to create a content flywheel that advances the Twitter narrative.
- Engage VIT power users to evangelize on Twitter’s behalf, ensure that Twitter is the platform they come to first and most often in order to share their stories and use their voice.
- Align with key stakeholders in Safety & User Services to enforce consistent policy for VITs with an eye towards common sense and newsworthiness.
- Create a calendar of proactive, VIT driven campaigns that advance the Twitter narrative and showcase the magic of the platform. (A range of activations. Some that highlight social impact #SmartGirlsAsk in conjunction with Amy Poehler’s Smart Girls Foundation and the Martin Luther King Day #IHaveADream execution. Some that are more lean back entertainment focused that bring people closer to the cultural moments & icons they love most.)
- Mobilize key internal stakeholders around critical moments in time for Twitter (Awards Season, NBA playoffs, fall TV kickoff) to ensure a consistent narrative.
- Work quickly (and work smart!) around reactive opportunities when they present themselves (e.g. how could Twitter have better leveraged the organic conversation around #MeToo to amplify and reinforce the voices coming forward? How could Twitter have rallied VITs around a centralized disaster relief effort this fall that did good while showcasing our platform’s core strengths, etc...)
- Create a content flywheel between Partnerships, LIVE, Marketing and Consumer Comms.
- Leverage VIT relationships to activate against cross-functional company programs and opportunities (i.e product launches)
- Build upon and expand existing relationships to make Twitter top of mind for VITs to connect with their audience and share the projects they’re passionate about. Make the case to Entertainment, Sports and News industry stakeholders that Twitter is a critical promotional tool for any VIT looking to build and maintain a career in their industry. The “Twitter First” mindset will drive influencer marketing and impact the success of all other executions.
- Partner with User Services and Trust & Safety to make informed decisions around VITs that incorporate both consistency with “regular” user policy AND common sense and newsworthiness.
- Sentiment Analysis
- Coverage & press
- Content metrics (e.g. video views, impressions, engagements)
- Global Content Partner Managers/Leads
- Twitter Client Solutions Managers/Leads
- Making sure key VITs are active in driving awareness to their content.
- Servicing key customers with creative support to drive awareness.
- Working closely with the Consumer Comms team to drive a positive narrative highlighting Twitter’s magic and power.
- Creating a content calendar of VIT events for comms to get ahead of and drive a drumbeat of positive consumer coverage.
- Create a pipeline of VIT advocates who can speak to Twitter’s core strengths and evangelize on behalf of the platform.
- Safety & User Services
- Ensure there’s policy consistency for VITs that aligns with average users while advocating for these key users.
- Create a system around VITs guided by common sense that avoids unforced errors with press.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
Twitter Recruiting: All the deets about who we're hiring, what we're doing and why you should come and work here! #lovewhereyouwork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!