Creative Director-Product Design
This role is based in San Francisco, CA.
Twitter is looking for a Creative Director to join our team, to lead visual, motion, and experience design across the Twitter apps and websites.
Who We Are:
The Twitter Design & Research team works on the end to end experience of Twitter across mobile and web. We are a very user centered team, and help guide Twitter’s product strategy through research and user centered design process. We build design systems to to make Twitter a cohesive experience across all of our products. We care deeply about the craft of design, and work closely with our Brand team to develop Twitter’s voice and visual identity in our products.
Who You Are:
We’re looking for someone with many years of experience leading teams and designing digital products and services on web and mobile. The right candidate is comfortable thinking about long term product vision as they are at guiding pixel perfect execution. As a member of the Twitter Design team, you’ll work closely with Engineers, Product Managers, Designers and Researchers to make Twitter a cohesive, fun, and simple product experience.
Love Twitter? This is an important role that will allow you to broadly improve all the core parts of the platform. Come help us make Twitter awesome for the millions of people that rely on our service everyday.
- Lead and grow our visual and motion design team.
- Creative Direction of Twitter’s visual and motion design language.
- Define the long-term vision for the Twitter experience on iOS, Android, and Web.
- Drive delight and consistency in the Twitter experience by working closely with our Product Designers and Design Managers.
- Build UX/UI guidelines and tools to support the work of Twitter’s Product Designers.
- Constantly improve the visual and motion design through regular updates to our products.
- Evangelize best Design practices to other Designers, Engineers, and Product Managers.
- 10+ years leading product designers in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Bold vision and passion for great Design.
- Familiar with all the current UI and UX patterns on iOS, Android, and the web.
- Experience directing both the visual and interaction design of projects, across both web and mobile platforms.
- A rigorous User Centered Design process, and a deep appreciation for quality and consistency.
- A history of hiring and coaching Senior level design talent in fast paced companies.
- Experience running Design teams, and collaborating effectively with Engineering Managers and Product leaders.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
Twitter Recruiting: All the deets about who we're hiring, what we're doing and why you should come and work here! #lovewhereyouwork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!