Legal Policy Senior Specialist
Who We Are:
The teams in Twitter’s Trust & Safety (T&S) department work to safeguard user expression and privacy, in balance with manageable risk through policy enforcement that promotes trust in Twitter. Areas of focus include privacy and intellectual property rights, government and law enforcement requests, advertising policies, and safety advocacy.
What You’ll Do:
Twitter Trust & Safety seeks an experienced, goal-oriented, organized team player to join our global Legal Policy team in Dublin. You will be responsible for overseeing content-related policies and processes for handling legal removal requests. If you're analytical, disciplined, proactive, and have a knack for managing multiple tasks efficiently, apply today!
You will work closely with global Legal Policy management and team members in Dublin, San Francisco, and Singapore to continuously iterate on relevant policies and workflows. In addition, you will help create and improve processes and documentation, conduct quality assurance, and coordinate communications across the offices.
You will be responsible for processing sensitive global legal requests ranging from international court orders to domestic inquiries from start to finish, including document intake, processing, and follow-up. As a senior member of this team, you will be expected to handle escalations from the rest of the team and help ensure global consistency and accuracy.
You should be comfortable in a fast-paced environment, able to delegate to colleagues effectively, remain focused and communicative in high-pressure situations, and maintain a solid level of work. You will work closely with the global team manager to think proactively about the fast-changing legal and regulatory environments we work within, all with an eye toward protecting our users and promoting transparency. Familiarity with current content challenges facing the tech industry as well as developing thoughtful content policies is required.
Who You Are:
- You have 4-6 years of relevant experience, including content review, policy development, and a proven track record of productivity
- You have strong leadership potential or existing skills
- You have excellent business judgment, think strategically, and are extremely detail-oriented
- You have exceptional communication and writing skills
- You have strong relationship-building and team development skills
- You are able to collaborate with a global multicultural team of stakeholders who may (at times) have competing priorities
- You are passionate and enthusiastic about protecting user privacy and freedom of expression
- You are able to manage numerous projects simultaneously under pressure and time constraints
- You are patient, determined, flexible, and open-minded
- You are an active, passionate Twitter user
- You are a total team player
- Continuously evaluate and propose improvements for existing policies, operations, frameworks, and processes
- Investigate, log, follow-up, and document processes for handling global legal requests
- Proactively recognize needs, anticipate issues, and propose viable solutions
- Communicate openly, thoroughly, and regularly with Legal Policy, in-house counsel, and public policy
- Set strong example for the team by seeing projects through to completion, explaining process and policy clearly and patiently, and meeting deadlines and SLAs
- Oversee quality assurance and quality control processes for the team
- Help prioritize and organize team’s handling of escalated requests
Strongly Preferred Qualifications:
- 3-5 years at a tech company / legal experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education / experience
- German fluency; other languages also considered
NOTE: Telecommuting is not an option; this role is full-time in Dublin, Ireland. Please be sure to specify all languages and level of fluency in your application/resume.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
Twitter Recruiting: All the deets about who we're hiring, what we're doing and why you should come and work here! #lovewhereyouwork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!