Engineering Manager, Backend/Full Stack (Revenue Processing Platforms: RP-1)
Who We Are:
As a part of Twitter’s Revenue organization, the Ads Revenue Processing Platform team is responsible for several critical areas:
- Advertiser Onboarding and Funding Instruments: we provide advertisers - in fast, simple, and reliable ways - with funding sources for their campaigns. We own a part of the advertiser onboarding flow, and are specifically responsible for providing advertisers with funding sources, e.g. credit cards, insertion orders, that are used to fund their campaigns. Our goal is to make this process as simple and streamlined as possible.
- Core Ads Billing Infrastructure: we are responsible for reliable and at scale revenue and revshare (aka payouts) processing for our $2B+ business. We produce the source of truth Twitter ads revenue and revshare numbers.
- Twitter's Payments Platform: we are building a payments platform that anyone can use for any type of paying customer. Historically we have built a set of services that enable payments functionality for Ads. We are working on generalizing this set of services into a generic platform that any other team at Twitter could use for their customers.
We’re looking for a technical and industry experienced engineering manager to join us to lead this stellar team of talented engineers. The candidate must have experience building systems either as an engineer or a manager. Web full-stack experience is a plus.
What You'll Do:
- Effectively coach, mentor and guide the technical and professional development of the members of the team.
- Scale the team up by sourcing and hiring both externally and internally, and keep a super high bar while doing so!
- Partner with product vertical teams to capture requirements for Revenue, and build the most effective systems, services, and infrastructure to achieve those goals.
- Participate in deep technical design discussions within your team, and across partner teams, and ensure that we're building the right systems and keeping the quality high. You will bring a strong perspective that drives change and motivates engineers to develop simple solutions to complex problems.
- Ensure the team fully understands the goals and objectives of Twitter as a company and how their work fits into the bigger picture.
- Inspire the team to be autonomous, grow people’s careers, and build technical leaders within the team.
Who You Are:
- You have a total of 5+ years of experience building software systems.
- You've led a team of 5-8 engineers, and have 1+ years of engineering management experience.
- You have experience building services and systems, and have successfully taken projects from inception to production.
- You have experience formulating a team's technical strategy and roadmap; you've collaborated and partnered effectively with several other teams.
- You are comfortable diving into the technical aspects of various parts of the backend system.
- You can provide a strong technical vision for systems and infrastructure teams.
- BS, MS, or PhD in computer science or a related field, or equivalent work experience
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!