Data Scientist - Exchange Analytics, MoPub
A rare opportunity to analyze petabytes of data while collaborating and contributing to the growth and success of leading app developers, partners, and the best industry experts in mobile ad-tech.
WHO WE ARE:
MoPub is the world’s leading ad server for mobile application publishers, designed to drive more ad revenue through a single solution. We offer the first comprehensive monetization platform for mobile app publishers that combines real-time-bidding, ad serving, cross-promotional capabilities and ad network mediation into one, easy-to-use platform. We are proudly a part of the Twitter Flock since October 2013.
MoPub is looking for Data Scientist to help drive growth of the MoPub platform and marketplace. Data Scientist on MoPub team will be working close with engineering and product teams on a range of problems around auction dynamics, advertising yield, and marketplaces. You will evaluate our products and work with like minded individuals to improve them. You will bring statistical rigor to our products and pioneer machine learning approach in few areas.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
You will be working cross functionally with MoPub teams to analyze, optimize, test, and implement data solutions for our partners and directly contribute to the growth of our business. Our team members are expected to have strong statistical and technical background, fluency in data analysis, results interpretation, and most importantly, enthusiasm for solving analytic problems at scale.
- Analyze data to understand exchange players and pinpoint opportunities for improvement
- Synthesize data and build analytical testing framework to support product launches
- Translate business requirements into research components and data requirements. Being able to express the problem in algorithmic terms and implement the solution is key!
- Perform validation and testing of models to ensure adequacy and reformulate of models as necessary
- Partner with engineering team to implement models and statistical solutions
- Communicate and present findings to the business and technical partners
- Work with client’s data and research teams to improve efficiency of the exchange
WHO YOU ARE:
- You have experience in performing analysis on big data sets
- You are able to connect business hypotheses and real world problems to data models
- You can express verbal or written data problems in forms of algorithms and implement them
- You are familiar with Advertising Data Exchanges
- You have Familiarity with experiment design and testing at scale
- You are experienced in building data pipelines
- You have good communication and collaboration skills
- You may have a quantitative advanced degree
- You possess a strong ability to interpret data signals and present to technical and non-technical audience
- MS in Statistics, Computer Science, Econometrics, Computational Research or related field
- 5+ years of experience in quantitative analysis and research
- Proficiency with SQL and Python
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!