Software Engineer (Data Analytics)
Who We Are:
Twitter users generate many terabytes of data every single day; Twitter engineers run hundreds of experiments; Twitter data scientists build increasingly sophisticated models of users and content.
The Analytics team at Twitter is at the intersection of all this data and strives to make it actionable to all business units around Twitter. We spearhead complicated and meaningful analyses and think of other ways to make large scale data easy to use to guide exploration and decision-making.
What You’ll Do:
As part of Analytics’ Data team, you will join a small and passionate engineering team working on our data pipelines, machine learning models, and various systems that use data to make better decisions for our users. You will work closely with multi-functional partners in engineering, product, and design to help Twitter grow our business in a way that makes us proud.
Data is at the heart of what we do and a critical part of our success. We want to build the most intelligent systems in the world, using our data, and your work will be critical in supporting the transformation of our products.
Who You Are:
- Expert software engineer with experience building systems that scale
- Proficient with Scala or interested and capable of picking it up quickly
- Passionate about the intersection of engineering, product strategy and data science, and empowering whole organizations to be data-driven
- BS/MS Computer Science or similar work experience
- 5+ years of experience in either data infrastructure or backend systems
- Broad knowledge of the data infrastructure ecosystem
- Experience with Hadoop or other MapReduce-based architectures
- Must have experience working with large data volumes
- Curious about Machine Learning and Data Science
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
Twitter Recruiting: All the deets about who we're hiring, what we're doing and why you should come and work here! #lovewhereyouwork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!