Senior SEC Reporting Analyst
Who We Are:
We operate in over 35+ offices globally. Reporting to the Manager, Financial Accounting, you will be responsible for coordinating various business partners across the company to ensure accurate accounting, reporting and disclosure of Twitter's financial statements for the preparation of required SEC filings including Forms 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K. This position is based in our San Francisco, HQ office.
What You'll Do:
- You will assist in preparation of external financial reporting, including 10Q's, 10K's and 8K's, other financial reporting as required and other governmental statutory reporting
- Prepare and review cash flow statements
- Prepare and review supporting schedules and documentation for SEC filings
- Prepare and also review quarterly financial statements as well as XBRL tagging
- Ensure compliance with all U.S. GAAP and disclosure requirements
- Lead all research and remain current with new technical accounting standards, especially those that impact financial reporting for Twitter
- Partner effectively with both internal business partners, including internal and external auditors to address and resolve accounting and reporting issues
- Partner with functional leads in ensuring the accounting policies & procedures are published and updated
- Ensure Sarbanes-Oxley requirements are met for relevant areas, including disclosures
- Assist with implementation of policies and procedures to the accounting organization
- Assist with consolidating financial results of subsidiaries for external reporting
- Assist with ad-hoc projects any technical accounting requests
Who You Are:
- You have Oracle R12 experience (preferred)
- You have strong SEC reporting experience in a public company and experience in certain compliance filing solution preferred
- Rigorous attention to detail and ability to efficiently maintain report accuracy while meeting tight deadlines
- You have good understanding of accounting principles and SEC filing requirements
- Effective communication and collaboration skills as well as previous experience with project management, business processes and systems
- Strong understanding of financial reporting cycle, best practices and data flow among financial systems in compliance with SOX requirement
- Strategic thinker with strong attention to details and demonstrates active enthusiasm for solving problems and making valuable contributions to the company, including experience in leading complex operations
- You have advanced computer skills on MS Word, Excel and Google docs
- You love working in a dynamic fast moving work environment, often on multiple projects simultaneously across different functional groups with minimal day-to-day guidance
- Bachelors degree in accounting, finance or related field required
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent qualification preferred
- 4+ years of work experience, including public and industry SEC experience OR 4+ years public accounting, including audits of public company financial statements
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants:
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
Twitter Recruiting: All the deets about who we're hiring, what we're doing and why you should come and work here! #lovewhereyouwork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!