Ads Policy Domain Specialist Trust & Safety
About this Job
Twitter is seeking an experienced, motivated, results-oriented, and highly adaptable advertising policy expert to join our Trust and Safety team to continue our mission of advocating for users’ safety and maintaining trust in Twitter Ads. If you are proactive, disciplined, collaborative, and hold fairness and consistency as top priorities in the face of complex competing interests, we’d like to speak to you!
Ads Policy team members work closely with Twitter’s Legal, Product, Ad Operations, and Sales teams around the full life cycle of a policy - from initial legal and regulatory research, to implementation at scale, to re-evaluation in response to incidents.
As a member of our San Francisco team, you will research, draft, publish, evaluate, and propose policies governing ads on and off of the Twitter platform, in particular covering global product areas that are highly regulated, such as alcohol, gambling, financial services, and healthcare. You will also identify scalable ways of enforcing policies through existing tools and resources, while also proposing improvements to existing enforcement tools. In your capacity as an expert on regulated industries and advertising rules, you will also advise and assist internal stakeholders on various issues from explaining Twitter’s position on ads to providing guidance on approaching questions of ad targeting.
- Research, draft, publish, and evaluate advertising policies
- Continuously evaluate, propose, and execute on improvements for existing processes and policies
- Review revenue products to identify areas of risk and provide policy guidance
- Document and explain team policies and processes clearly and intelligibly to Twitter employees and, when required, to advertisers and other third parties
- Coordinate projects and streamline communications among local/distributed teammates and stakeholders to meet deadlines, produce necessary work product, and achieve team goals
- Handle incoming queries about advertising policy areas with clear, helpful, and complete responses
- Deep understanding of Twitter and familiarity with Twitter Ads
- Exceptional analytical, research, and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Deep knowledge of the online advertising space and its associated policy issues
- Proactively recognize needs, solve problems, anticipate issues, and develop solutions
- Able to collaborate with a multicultural and global team of stakeholders who may (at times) have competing priorities.
- Self-motivated and assertive – the ability to hunt down answers and drive solutions autonomously.
- Patience, independence, resilience, flexibility, and grit
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever-changing, rapid growth, fun environment.
- 3+ years of experience at an internet company working on advertising policy issues
- Experience with e-commerce, ad exchanges and networks
- B.A/B.S. or equivalent education/experience
Twitter is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
In accordance with U.S. immigration law, we will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
Twitter Recruiting: All the deets about who we're hiring, what we're doing and why you should come and work here! #lovewhereyouwork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!