Data Scientist: Modeling/Forecasting
Who We Are:
Twitter is looking for an exceptional Data Scientist: Modeling/Forecasting to join the Revenue Forecasting & Analytics group for our multi-billion dollar Ads business. This role will be based in San Francisco.
You will apply statistical, econometric and machine learning methods to forecast and answer complex questions related to revenue. With a deep understanding of the business levers, you will collaborate with business leaders across Sales, Corporate Finance, Product, and Engineering to deliver actionable insights and recommendations. You should be passionate about challenging prediction problems, finding insights in data, and applying your conclusions to drive clear and practical business impact.
What You'll Do:
- Build and own forecasting models for revenue and key business drivers, guiding planning for Twitter and its revenue products.
- Develop, analyze and monitor key company metrics to identify risks and opportunities for Twitter.
- Advise senior Sales and Finance leadership of opportunities and risks impacting business performance using model results and insights
- Prepare and deliver financial analysis, commentary and recommendations to Finance and Sales executives and other stakeholders on a regular basis
- Be able to research and implement time series prediction and forecasting methods.
- Be able to write and interpret complex SQL queries for standard as well as ad hoc data analysis purposes.
Who You Are:
- You have a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across different functions and influence senior business partners for data-driven decision making.
- You have a diverse skill set covering data analysis, statistical modeling, machine learning, and computing.
- You enjoy partnering with business leaders to influence decisions and strategy, and translating complex analysis into clear and actionable recommendations
- You excel at communicating complex ideas to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Expertise in time series analysis or machine learning applied to forecasting is highly desired.
- 2-4+ years of work experience involving quantitative data analysis to solve problems.
- Masters Degree or PhD in Economics, Statistics, Applied Math, Physics, Operations Research, Engineering or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience influencing senior leadership of organizations
- You are experienced with scripting languages (preferably R or Python), SQL, and bash.
- Prior experience in a Consulting and/or corporate environment a plus
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
Twitter Recruiting: All the deets about who we're hiring, what we're doing and why you should come and work here! #lovewhereyouwork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!